Like buses I have been nominated again for the The Liebster Blog Awards. This time the nomination came from Jessica from Ways of Wanderers. Thank you Jessica. This is a fun way to meet new bloggers and discover new blogs. You can follow Jessica on twitter @waysofwanderers
Here are the rules of the Liebster Award:
- When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer 11 questions from the person who nominated you on your blog.
- Pass the award onto 11 other blogs (make sure you tell them you nominated them!) and ask them 11 questions.
- You are not allowed to nominate the blog who nominated you.
My 11 Random Facts:
1. I have broadcast on radio
2. I have lived and worked in France, even though I cannot speak the language.
3. I graduated from university aged 37.
4. I was an Assistant Scout Leader for 8 years.
5. I follow Walsall FC who play in the English League One. Up the Saddlers!
6. Apparently the family line can be traced back to the Normans.
7. I have over 60,000 tracks in my ITunes account.
8. I would love to be able to play the drums.
9. I can see myself ending my days outside the UK.
10. I drink too much coffee for my own good.
11. I always arrive too early at my destination.
I have used the same facts as the post last week. I could not think of another 11 interesting facts.
My answers to the questions Jessica asked me:
- If you were to write your last blog post ever, what would the title be? And Now The End Is Near
- Which food do you miss most when you’re on the road? Toad in the Hole (Sausage in Batter)
- What is one job you’ve had that you would never ever do again? Cutting cheese in a deli counter.
- If you had to give up either visiting beaches or historical buildings/monuments for the rest of your traveling life, which would you choose? Easy, beaches.
- What is the worst meal you’ve had on the road? Chinese meal in Vienna. I ended up with food poisoning.
- What song do you blast in the car first when you head out for a road trip? More Than A Feeling by Boston
- What is the most unusual item that you travel with? Beard Trimmer
- Do you have a favourite travel-related book? It can be a travel narrative or a guidebook. You’ve Gone Too Far This Time, Sir! by Danny Bent
- What is your biggest insecurity? Being a solo traveller, not being able to connect with people at a hostel.
- Do you consider yourself to be more of a planner or a flying-by-the-seat-of-your-pants kind of traveler? Planner
- How do you keep yourself entertained during long train or bus rides? Listen to music on my 160GB iPod Classic
My 11 Questions to the Blogs I Nominate
1. What is your worst travel experience?
2. What is your favourite song?
3. What is thing that always brings a tear to your eye?
4. Which social network do you use the most?
5. What would be your last meal?
6. Who would be your least ideal travel companion?
7. Which luxury would you always travel with?
8. Do you listen to podcasts?
9. Which do you prefer, Hostels or Hotels?
10. What do you hate about travelling?
11. Slow or quick travelling?
Again I am asking the same 11 questions as last week.
My 11 Nominees!
Alyssa from Elsaway
Byron from Byronbackpacks
Tiffany from The Unimagined Life
Kate from Canuckiwikate
Doc Wends from Journeys & Travels
Sarah from Asia Travel Tales
Renee from Travel with Renee
Tahira from Tahira007
Callie from Wilds of Wherever
Caitlin from Caitlin’s Wanderlust
Chris and Rach from Flip Flops Only
Let’s keep spreading the travel blog love! Thank you again Jessica for the nomination!