It is now 10 days to go before my trip to Vienna and Budapest. Now is the time to start preparing so not to leave anything to the last-minute. So this is my checklist.
- Get my rucksack out of the cupboard. I am sure that it will need airing before I use it. I can also check for any holes that may have appeared. I have had my rucksack for 13 years. It has served me well.
- Check the contents of my first aid kit to make sure that everything is still in date and replace where necessary.
- Transfer money to my travel cards. This will be done during the week to ensure there are funds for the trip.
- Purchase some Euro’s. I will be travelling to Vienna by coach. I will need some refreshments along the journey.
- Pack the rucksack. I am aiming to do this the weekend before I travel. I do not want to leave this to the last-minute. It is going to be an early start on the day of travel and I do not want to spend the time last-minute packing. You always end up forgetting something.
- Get some sleep before I set off. As I have already mentioned I will be setting off early. I finish work at 17:00 and it takes me about 90 minutes to get home. The aim is to have two or three hours sleep. Must remember to set the alarm.
- Ensure all gadgets are fully charged. This includes back-up batteries. It is going to be a long journey so I need to keep myself amused.
- Ensure all tickets, passports and other documentation is packed. I tend to double-check, even triple check. The last thing I want to notice at Birmingham Coach Station is I have forgotten my passport.
- Arrange taxi to coach station. Being a Wednesday morning this should not be a problem but I will have to book it early to be on the safe side.
- Finally, if the above has been ticked off then sit back relax and enjoy the trip.
Until the next post, stay safe, stay healthy and keep smiling.