At the start of the year I set myself a target of 10 things that I wanted to do in 2013. So, how did it go for me?
- Purchase the domain name for the blog – this did not happen. A must for 2014.
- Take better photographs – I have received positive comments about some of my photos. I also feel that my photography has improved.
- Spend at least two hours a day on the blog or travel planning – To be honest I did tend to drop in and out of the blog. Need to spend more time on the blog in order to get more out of it. Better time management is in order.
- Start making contact with my fellow bloggers – I did manage to make contact with some of my fellow bloggers and have established some good relationships with them. Of course, I need to put myself out more by offering to put out guest post.
- Start introducing myself to the travel industry – Simply put it did not happen this year. Maybe, it was a case of holding myself back in case fear of refusal. More courage is needed.
- Attend a trade show – This did not happen though I did attend the Destinations Show courtesy of Tucan Travel.
- Explore my local area more – Started to do this more. Also visited more of the UK as well. Will continue to do this more in 2014.
- Make more contact with local people – This has been a success as I have been staying in smaller hostels. These are tended to be run by local people. They give you the places to go away from the tourist crowds. The kindest people I encountered was in Belgrade.
- Sort out my travel finances – I did not save regularly though I had enough money for my travels. I do however, need to budget more.
- Upgrade my travel tech – I did upgrade my iPad to the iPad 4 64GB. I am not a full time travel blogger so it is more than enough for my needs. I will add a keyboard in the new year. I have also just recently purchased the iPhone 5C, blue 32GB.
I think I will give myself 5 out 10. I will be publishing my 10 things to do in 2014 before the year is out.
Until the next post, stay safe, stay healthy and keep smiling.